Northern Lights Windows qualify for tax credits of up to $1,500!!
On February 17, President Obama signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Tax Act of 2009. This bill extends
and modifies the tax credits for windows, doors, and skylights established in the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
The following are highlights of the tax credits:
- The tax credits that were previously effective for 2009, have been extended to 2010 as well
- The tax credit has been rasied from 10% to 30%
- The tax credits that were for a specific dollar amount (ex $300 for a CAC), have been converted to 30% of the cost.
- The maximum credit has been raised from $500 to $1500 for the two years (2009-2010). However, some improvements such as a geothermal heat pumps, solar water heaters, and solar panels are not subject to the $1,500 maximum.
- The $200 cap on windows has been removed.
- If you would like detailed information regarding the tax credits, please visit energystar.gov/taxcredits.